2019 Tax Changes: What You Need to Know

Jan 10, 2019
2019 Tax Changes: What You Need to Know

Historically, approximately 70% of St. Louisans individual tax returns used the standard deduction, while the other 30% found it more beneficial to itemize. For 2018 and beyond, experts have projected that roughly 95% of individual tax returns now will utilize the standard deduction. What does this mean for St. Louis County, Missouri taxpayers? Are you…

Read More

Divorce Monday and The New Tax Law 2019

Jan 7, 2019
Divorce and the new tax law 2019

Today is known as Divorce Monday, according to a recent survey by the law firm Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, which found that divorce filings jump by nearly one-third following the holidays. Alimony paid will no longer be tax-deductible and alimony received will no longer be taxable income. For decades, alimony — typically paid by men —…

Read More

IRS2Go is the official mobile app of the IRS

Oct 24, 2018

You may not know that the IRS now has an app. You can get the app here. With the IRS2Go App you can Check Refund Status or Make a Payment. Refund Status Check the status of your federal income tax refund using IRS2Go. You can check your refund status within 24 hours after we receive…

Read More

Taxpayers should check out these helpful tax tools

Sep 14, 2018

IRS Tax Tip 2018-139, September 6, 2018 Questions about taxes could come up any time of the year. Whether it’s about tracking a refund or paying a bill, taxpayers can find answers to their questions on Here are some of the most popular IRS tools: IRS Free File. Taxpayers who filed an extension can use IRS…

Read More

Retirees with pension income should do a Paycheck Checkup ASAP

Sep 13, 2018

Retirees with pension income should do a Paycheck Checkup ASAP IRS Tax Reform Tax Tip 2018-143 September 13, 2018     Retirees should do a Paycheck Checkup to make sure they are paying enough tax during the year by using the Withholding Calculator, available on The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, enacted in December…

Read More

Taxpayers should find out if they need to make estimated or additional tax payments

Sep 12, 2018

Taxpayers should find out if they need to make estimated or additional tax payments IRS Tax Reform Tax Tip 2018-142 September 12, 2018   The U.S. tax system operates on a pay-as-you-go basis. This means that taxpayers need to pay most of their tax during the year, as the income is earned or received. Taxpayers…

Read More

Employees with other sources of income should do a Paycheck Checkup

Sep 11, 2018

IRS Tax Reform Tax Tip 2018-141 September 11, 2018   The IRS urges everyone who works as an employee and who also has income from other sources to perform a Paycheck Checkup now. For example, certain individuals often need to pay estimated or additional tax. This includes taxpayers who have certain types of income from…

Read More

Here’s how and when to pay estimated taxes

Sep 10, 2018

IRS Tax Reform Tax Tip 2018-140 September 10, 2018 Certain taxpayers must make estimated tax payments throughout the year. Taxpayers must generally pay at least 90 percent of their taxes throughout the year through withholding, estimated tax payments or a combination of the two. If they don’t, they may owe an estimated tax penalty.  …

Read More

Three Fall Tax Tips for Small Business Owners

Sep 5, 2018

With the fall season closing in, it won’t be long before the end of the year is here. Rather than save all tax-related questions, concerns, and responsibilities for December and January, now is the time to review your situation. Below are three fall tax tips for small business owners to consider and ask their tax professional about:…

Read More

5 Essential Tips for Missouri’s Tax Free Weekend

Aug 2, 2018
Missouri Tax-Free Weekend

5 Essential Tips for Missouri’s Tax-Free Weekend Tomorow starts Missouri’s Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday weekend. This is a time to stock up get everything on your child’s back to school list. If you do not have kids in school or you may not be going back to school yourself this is a great opportunity to…

Read More