Today is Employee Appreciation Day – Here are 5 ways you can show your Appreciation.
1. Upgrade Office Furniture – Providing your staff with ergonomic office furniture is a great way to ward off possible back problems and improve productivity.
2. Housecleaning – Arrange for a bulk discount at a local housecleaning agency, and give all employees coupons for a single session at their homes
3. Gift Cards – Everyone loves the luxury of getting to shop for free. Choose gift cards according to each workers’ preferences
4. Non-Work Lunch With the Boss – Take your team members out to lunch, either individually or in small groups. Keep the conversation away from work topics; instead, spend the time getting to know each person better.
5. Handwritten Notes – Yes, we mean just sit down with a pen and a stack of paper. Think about what each person has accomplished this year, and thank them for their specific efforts and achievements.
While appreciating your employees today remember that we all like to be thanked and even though this day is scheduled once a year, appreciating your employees several times throughout the year will leave the team feeling valued and you may well see an increase in productivity.